It is with great pleasure that we welcome you this evening to enjoy “Inside Newt’s Case”.
Performed by a cast of 32 members of MyBallet Academy, it is MyBallet Community-Youth Dance Company’s sixth production in 10 years.
How did “Inside Newt’s Case” came to be?
Well, after the positive impact our Hogwarts series of Ballets in 2015 and 2016 had on our students, remembering their pre-Covid experience they asked Ms Lydie to renew with Harry Potter’s world.
Freya Westmancott gave Ms Lydie all the necessary material to study the world of the Fantastic Beasts, and the story of “Inside Newt’s Case” slowly emerged as she was studying each creature.
Choreographed and directed by Lydie Schrepfer to accommodate every member of the school choosing to participate, we hope you will enjoy the fabulous ballet you will see today.
To your delight, we are also presenting a dance platform showcasing our younger pupils, contemporary students, Students of Udichi School of Performing Arts, Sreeparna’s students of Indian Dance, and members of Sitar Fusion.
Through this production, MyBallet Community was able to:
- Give all MyBallet Academy’s students from Grade I & above the opportunity to perform in a genuine ballet production.
- Give younger members of MyBallet Academy their exciting first taste of the stage.
- Create a production that staff, students, volunteers, and parents would be proud to be part of.
- Bring into focus the reason behind the technique and discipline required for dance classes.
- Challenge the students taking part to attain the high standards we have chosen to set.
- Give opportunities for local talents to taste the stage to engage in its realisation.
- Bring dance closer to the community.
- Demonstrate that with a bit of hard work, dedication, and commitment, sometimes something quite remarkable can be achieved.
This has only been possible because of the talent, goodwill and support of certain teachers, parents, friends and community support and it is thanks to them and their generous contribution that we can now sit back and enjoy the performance.
Kind regards, Lydie Schrepfer
Principal of MyBallet Academy
Director of MyBallet Community